Friday, March 21, 2014

Last Full Day in Cali

Today was a fantastic day! We got an early start for Alcatraz Island, which was both a military fort and a prison before it became a national park. Our audio tours gave fascinating details about prisoners, officers, officers’ families, escape attempts, and so on. The island also gave fabulous views of San Francisco.




After Alcatraz, we enjoyed free time for lunch and souvenirs before heading for the Golden Gate Bridge! After a group photo, we walked the entire length of the bridge and were impressed again by the views of beautiful San Francisco.



From Golden Gate, we rushed back to our hotel to get ready for our last dinner together, our Belo-Oscars ceremony, and our goodbye party!


   

Looking back at the week, we can’t believe how fast the time has flown. It is amazing to think how many friendships we have made and how many memoires we have shared in the past six days. You are a tremendous group of individuals, and we can’t wait to see where you go. For now, though, here are some great memories from the week.

Xox,

Your Belo staff: Rosalia, Gwen, Laura, and Maddy 

“My favorite thing was the Hollywood sign – just looking at it made me believe that I was actually in California.”
- Lara (Germany)

“The best thing was San Francisco Chinatown – the Chinese food made me homesick. It was pretty Chinese!”
- Tianzhi (China)

“I’ve been to many cities, and I have to say that San Francisco is my new absolute favorite. It really has everything: new and old, super tolerant, and colorful, and it’s so full of nature. It gives you the feeling that there’s a community behind it all. That it’s somewhere you’d really want to live.”
- Lisa (Germany)

“I liked L.A. the best. The buildings and the aesthetics of the city are beautiful. I really like Hollywood Boulevard and the way the Dolby Theatre and the Chinese Theatre look.”
- Martti (Finland)

“The prison thing was really, really interesting. I was expecting it to be boring like other museums, but they made it really interesting. It was ironic to see how a prison can be on such a pretty island. And crazy to see how criminals can live so close to children. I also really liked the music on the busses!”
- Laura (Germany)

 “I liked Hollywood and Beverly Hills because those are the parts of L.A. that every one is talking about, but I had never seen. Being part of it—walking down the streets and experiencing it—was really awesome.”
- Diana (Latvia)

No comments:

Post a Comment